OER as a Catalyst for Business Innovation and Employment
Welcome to this ENCORE+ Network Event!
Join us on 27th June at 14:00 CEST (UTC+2) / 13:00 BST
This event has ended,
you can find the video recording here.
The event will be an opportunity to discuss the results of the ENCORE+ Network activities of the past 3 years and to jointly reflect on how open educational resources and practices can contribute to business innovation and employment.
Experts and participants will come together to discuss the benefits of OER in business innovation and employment, with the perspective the reskilling and upskilling needs. Open Education makes it possible to democratize access to knowledge, empower individuals in acquiring relevant skills and encourages entrepreneurial thinking. Technology like AI could revolutionize production of digital content and the entire definition of copyright. New possibilities of recognizing competences offered through microcredentials will also contribute to fostering innovation in the employment sector.
The objective of this session is to explore and highlight key opportunities and challenges for OERs to help businesses innovate at scale and support employee development in a changing and innovative environment. This session will also inform the development of a project whitepaper on this topic.
- Alan Masson (Instructure)
- Ulf Ehlers (Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University – DHBW) – Current opportunities and challenges perspective
- Marcello Crolla (University of Edinburgh) – OER design and development perspective
- Dai Griffiths (Universidad Internacional De La Rioja – UNIR) – Microcredentials and recognition of learning for OERs
- Fabio Nascimbeni (European Training Foundation – ETF) – Training provider perspective
- Amedeo Falcone (SAS Analytics Software and Solutions) – Employer perspective
ENCORE+ project members:
- Juliane Granly (International Council for Open and Distance Education – ICDE)
- Matteo Uggeri (Fondazione Politecnico di Milano – FPM)
- Ana Cecilia Rivera Alvarado (Fondazione Politecnico di Milano – FPM)
- Eleonora Panto’ (Fondazione Politecnico di Milano – FPM)
- Lena Sperle (Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University – DHBW)
The event is scheduled for June 27 at 2 PM CEST time and will last approximately 90 minutes.
We look forward to seeing you there!
This event is part of a series of ENCORE+ Network events happening in June.
Please find more information about the individual events through the following links:
- 7th June at 12:00 CEST (UTC+2) / 11:00 BST – OER as a Business-University Cooperation – See the recording of the event here.
- 15th June at 14:00 CEST (UTC+2) / 13:00 BST – OER as a Catalyst for Innovation in Higher Education – See the recording of the event here.