Policies and Practice Circle – 2nd round
Welcome to the second round of the ENCORE+ Circle Events!
This event has ended,
you can find the video recording here.
ENCORE+ is building the European OER Ecosystem through a coordinated European approach which can enact the value of OER as a catalyst and multiplier. The circle events will address the need for a more comprehensive collaboration bringing together particular groups, networks and initiatives in order to move from a series of individual OER initiatives into a European OER Ecosystem.
This Circle Event on Policies and Practice seeks to raise critical questions and generate discussion concerning the use and application of OERs in educational and business contexts. The session will focus on the role of OER and business strategy and will discuss the following critical questions:
- How can businesses leverage OER as a value proposition?
- What do sustainable business models for OER look like?
- What is the earning potential of OERs?
- How do we bridge the gap between these two groups: higher education and business?
This interactive session will call on stakeholders from education and business communities to critically discuss these questions and collaborate to form a policy focused community.
Participants will be invited to give feedback on our forthcoming draft report: “Strategic Support for OER Value proposition” and invited to contribute examples of OER value propositions, and OER business models for inclusion.
Join us on 4 May at 3pm (CEST) to take part in the discussions and contribute to the development of OER policies. The event is open for all and free of charge.
More about the ENCORE+ project and Circle Events:
ENCORE+ focuses the community around 4 themes: “OER Technology”, “Policies & Practice”, “Quality”, “Innovation & Business Models”.
Each circle community will host a series of events. The events are open to any individual, institution or business with an interest in all or any of the 4 themes.
After the success of the kick of round of events that took place in the fall, registrations are now open for the second round that will take place in May 2022:
- Innovation & Business Models: Monday 2nd of May at 1pm CEST /12UK
- OER Technology: Tuesday 3rd of May at 1pm CEST/12UK
- Policies & Practice: Wednesday 4th of May at 3pm CEST/14UK
- Quality: Thursday 5th of May at 1pm CEST/12UK
• OER Policy and Strategy Position Paper, O. Farrell, S. Aceto, S. Baldiris, M. Brown, J. Brunton