OER as Catalyst for Business-University Cooperation
Welcome to this ENCORE+ Network Event!
Join us on 7th June at 12:00 CEST (UTC+2) / 11:00 BST
The event will be an opportunity to discuss the results of the Encore+ Network activities of the past 3 years and to jointly reflect on how open educational resources and practices can contribute to business-university cooperation (& entrepreneurialism).
What is the role of OER and open education in business-university cooperation?
Can OER be a driver for increased, improved or new cooperation?
What are the current challenges with business-university cooperation, and can OER be part of the solution?
This event will highlight a few different areas of cooperation, such as:
- Universities collaborating with publishers and EdTech
- Legal aspects of cooperation, in particular how GDPR relates to OER, and what this means for cooperation.
- The role of libraries and librarians as problem solvers and facilitators for cooperation.
The event will start with a panel discussion, where you will hear experiences and perspectives on business-university cooperation from members of the network. Following the panel, the floor is opened to discuss, share and explore the topic further.
The discussions during the event will feed into the upcoming white paper and practice guide on OER as a Catalyst for Business-University Cooperation.
Come and share your experience with business-university cooperation, and join us in exploring the role of OER & Open Education as catalysts for this.
We look forward to seeing you there!
PS: Don’t forget to share this event with any of your colleagues who might be interested in joining this event!
This event is part of a series of ENCORE+ events happening in June.
Please find more information about the individual events, including the registration forms, through the following links:
- 15th June at 14:00 CEST (UTC+2) / 13:00 BST – OER as a Catalyst for Innovation in Higher Education
- 27th June at 14:00 CEST (UTC+2) / 13:00 BST – OER as a Catalyst for Business Innovation and Employment